Microdermabrasion delivers a steady powerful stream of fine diamond crystals to the skin.
It showers or blasts the face with sterile micro-particles to abrade or rub off the very top skin layer, then vacuums the particles and dermabraded skin. The skin renewal procedure may also be used on the chest, neck, arms and hands with virtually no complications.
The treatment seeks to preserve and maintain the skin’s appearance, is noninvasive, produces minimal discomfort, requires no topical or local anesthesia, and involves practically no recovery or downtime.
Patient satisfaction with microdermabrasion has been consistently and overwhelmingly positive. Patients really enjoy the treatment and are pleased with the results. Further, ongoing maintenance sessions will be needed.
Microdermabrasion is useful to …
- Greatly enhance poor, dull skin texture by gently resurfacing the superficial skin layers.
- Soften and modify fine ‘expression’ lines typically seen on the forehead and around the mouth.
- Polish and reduce fine, creepy lines on the cheeks generally caused by aging and sun damage.
- Smooth pigment changes or skin discoloration.
- Contract enlarged pores; exfoliates and suctions out clogged pores in cases of acne.
- Polish and smooth out the margins of acne and burn scars; usually requires 10 initial treatment visits.
The Microdermabrasion technique is especially beneficial as an adjunctive therapy to accelerate or maintain other skin renewal modalities, like laser therapy, Retin-A therapy or glycolic therapies.
- Microdermabrasion – $75
- Microdermabrasion with Hydrating Facial – $125
- Microdermabrasion with Hydrating Facial and Upper Body Massage – $175